General Mills, the other GM, makers of Cheerios, Golden Grahams, Count Chocular, et al., also delved into defense industry ventures during the War. Artillery sights, torpedo detectors. Later the bomb sight for the B-47 Stratojet.
And in the 1964 they built the deep submersible Alvin for $500,000. Of course, 500 large was a lotta money back in them days.
Not bad. I did not know that. And I've always liked plain Cheerios.
No Monopoly on Emotions
-
Quote of the Day You will never win the war of emotions against gun control
advocates. But you can’t afford to lose that battle either. … The gun
control s...
4 hours ago

2 comments:
Proly all made with GMO, so your argument is invalid!
The war materiel, I mean!
:-)
gfa
Dunno why, but the B-47b is my favorite bomber. Prolly 'cause of the six Wright Majors on its wings...
Post a Comment