PRIMARY means, "I'm gonna git this. Prolly soon." SECONDARY is, "It's of interest, but may be a while, if ever." TERTIARY is, "Would be cool to pick up if the price was right, but probably not."
- Spare S&W 640, no lock.
- Spare Colt Commander, maybe a custom. I'd like to have one custom pistol. But set up the same. Series 70. All steel. Maybe stainless.
- Springfield XD-s, the single stack .45. (prolly belongs on the tertiary)
- Bolt action .45 ACP rifle with a suppressor can. I'd like a can. A screw on can so I can get a threaded barrel for a 1911...
- Upgrades for the Garand and/or M1A. Maybe I should make a separate Master Accessory List.
Upgrades for the SIG P229. A .22 conversion kit? Probably not. A .357 SIG barrel, just to see? Also probably not. They are both on the spendy side. A spare Scout Scope in case Leupold or Burris stops making them and mine breaks.
Also: Mags and ammo and holsters and etc. Like self defense ammo geared specifically for snubbies.
There will be a lot of upgrading before lots of firearm purchases, at this point. But I mustn't go TOO overboard. It's easy to overdo upgrades. My rifle doesn't need an attached Espresso machine.
There is a whole plethora of tweaks that can be done to what I already have without OVER-tweaking.
- A SLIM single stack CCW .40? Sorta like the SIG P290. But sorta not. This would have to be invented.... Compromise is the thinner but still double-stacked Springfield XD40. Springfield XDm .45 single stack.
- Remington 870 12 gauge pump, with a peep/ghost sight. Or Mossberg equivalent. Or that new Kel Tec bullpup shotgun, the KSG.
- .45 Carbine, like the Marlin Camp Carbine mod 45, Beretta CX4, KelTec SUB2000 if it comes in .45 someday. Preferrably one that used the 1911 pistol mags; since I have that ammo and those magazines. DeLisle custom repro? That would be my one suppressed item. Maybe a .40 carbine that takes SIG mags. Don't forget other types that shoot other-than-45 pistol type ammo, like the M1 Carbine and the Ruger Mini-14 for nigh on pistol caliber carbine... Maybe I should reconsider and reprioritize that M1, below, higher on the list.
But I lean toward a no-compromise DeLisle reproduction custom job. First I need to find a lefty donor rifle.
- .30 caliber left handed bolt-action (.308!, .30-06?) and 9x scope, or lever action big .30 like the Winchester Mod 88 or a Savage 99? Blaser 93? Remington 700 model 84229. I still like the idea of hunting with the Garand or M1A. Ruger Scout in lefty?
- SIG P238. Or a Ruger LCP, in .380, to go with my 1903/8 Pocket Hammerless rounds. LOTS of companies are coming out with mini-.380s now, so there is a plethora of choices. With this I'd have 3 full size handguns and 3 small size 'summer weight' handguns. After that it's just handguns for fun. But I'll almost certainly go with the P238. Heck maybe a spare 1903/08 Pocket Hammerless is all I want and need. A big reason why? The one .380 I have now needs a spare.
- Double Barrel 12 gauge. An "Over the Door" gun. Cheap. External hammers preferable.
- I like the Smith and Wesson R8. 8 rounds of .357, a light rail, tritium sights, moon clips. Heckuva revolver.
- M1 Carbine .30 and this can take the place with the Carbine on the Secondary list, above, too. My Dad shot these in the Air Force. I bet he'd have a lot of fun with it on a Father-Son Range Day.
- Plane Jane AR, so I'll have SOMETHING that shoots .223. Or THIS if I get rich:
But is it a good idea to go whole hog on a "Better than AR" when there is less aftermarket parts commonality? Stick with cheapish or widely available high quality when going .223. Not that I am in the market for a .223, really. Heck, .223 is just a carbine. I might combine this with the "Carbine Want Selection" above. Daniel Defense has a nice one for $1700.
Stag Arms has one for $900.
- Springfield M6.
- Chiappa Rhino...
- A revolver that shoots .45 ACP like the S&W 625, Model 22, or a vintage Colt 1917.
- .17 rifle of some kind
- Something in .45-70. That sounds fun. Quigley Down Under, mate. Or, if I have an AR, the .458 upper... A Thumper of sorts.
- Back-up Garand? At least more replacement parts. Maybe accurize the current Garand and convert back to .30-06. Golly I love my Garand but TWO is a bit much, which is why it's on the tertiary.
- Taurus Raging Thirty, Revolver in .30cal that fires M1 Carbine ammo, if I get an M1 Carbine. It would have to be used as the company doesn't make that model any more.
- Enfield No. 4 Mk 1(ish), .303 or .308 or .30-06
- Krag Jorgensen .30-40 Why? To have the issue rifles of the US military. With this, the AR above, and the .45-70 below, I'll have the lineage from 1870 to the present.
- Sprinfield 1873 .45-70 Trapdoor
- Swiss K-31