A neophyte shottist's exploration and exercise.... Read by dozens daily
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Traffic
Hey, thanks everyone. For some reason my average traffic is up well above 300 visits a day recently. Part of it is a couple of links from big bloggers getting me introduced to a wider audience, and part of it is me not posting in Morse Engima code.
it immediately gave away that it was Enigma. After that I just had to find a program to translate the morse to alphabet, and then an enigma simulator.
If he really wanted to be cryptic, he could have morsed the rotor pos and type in cleartext; or used the same encoding scheme for that the Krauts used.
(I have spent a couple of afternoons reading about the Boffins of Bletchley Park, I will admit)
To be confident and competent enough with a rifle to be able to hit anything I can see in a Jovian Thunderbolt kind of way.
To be able to defend myself with a handgun.
To perhaps harvest some tasty venison with either a rifle or a shotgun, any skin or antler is just a nice bonus, here.
And, if necessary: To Defend the Ramparts of Democracy from a Level 4 Zombie Outbreak or against the Jacobin, Rampaging, Godless, Red-Commie Hordes (or their modern equivalent.)
"You never select a shotgun as your primary anti-zombie firearm. It's great for onesy twosey, but zombies travel in hordes. The reload time is onerous, and the ammo, while effective, is heavy and bulky and short ranged."
Big Mistake for Her
If Ginsberg had let Scalia put the words "strict scrutiny" in Heller and Hillary said "Gun control is just not going to be a priority for my administration," Hillary would have been elected President.
People I Hit F5 on all day, hoping for more content...
Unusual Kill
-
One of the F/A-18F Super Hornets that had been operating off the *USS
Abraham Lincoln* was photographed while returning to its home base in San
Diego sport...
Morning Pun
-
So the radio ad offered "Free gutter examination,: and I thought it
would be nice to have a professional look at 'em. I called the number and
get an...
The Ultimate Light Machine Gun Concept
-
The modern light machine gun sits at an interesting crossroads. For
decades, the basic concept has been the same: provide a small infantry unit
with a belt...
From a Wandering Samurai in Tokyo to Every Patriot
-
Quote of the Day Americans — a confession from Japan you were never meant
to hear. We are terrified of fascism. Not the version in your textbooks.
The vers...
Serious Mistakes Gunowners Make Link Updates
-
Some of the links to Serious Mistakes Gunowners Make have become unworkable
over the years. The buttons have the current link and take my readers
directly ...
The man who made the Internet possible
-
Divemedic has been geeking out about home network stuff which has been a
bit of a walk down memory lane - I once had a supervisor who turned down my
requ...
Weekend Knowledge Dump- October 2, 2026
-
Knowledge to make your life better. If you have some free time, check out
some of these links this weekend. Teaching Your Brain to Look Through the
Dot ...
What caliber for Optimus?
-
Yeah, I’ve not been blogging in a long time. But AI has happened in the
interim. I use it. I like it. It’s certainly made my life easier and more
entertain...
The New Resistance to the 2A
-
You can see the resistance is shaping up around “sensitive places” doctrine
and “good moral character.” I remember seeing a comment from Prof. Adam
Winkler...
Eighteen Years Ago Today...
-
Eighteen years ago today, my son was born. TheBoy entered the collective
conscious, bringing "father" to the list of names I proudly wear. He's off
to the ...
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
2 comments:
And you're the go-to guy for Zombie defense tips!
But your enigma stuff made even my head hurt ...
By posting
Rotor Pos: 314
No plug
Rotor Type: 341
it immediately gave away that it was Enigma. After that I just had to find a program to translate the morse to alphabet, and then an enigma simulator.
If he really wanted to be cryptic, he could have morsed the rotor pos and type in cleartext; or used the same encoding scheme for that the Krauts used.
(I have spent a couple of afternoons reading about the Boffins of Bletchley Park, I will admit)
Post a Comment