A neophyte shottist's exploration and exercise.... Read by dozens daily
Saturday, May 25, 2019
r/AskReddit
I dunno. Middling advice here. Yes, the hospitals and antibiotics and vaccines are gone in a zombocalypse. But that means we are back in 1890. Not as many, but plenty of folks got old back then. And gave birth. Post zombocalypse you won't be mixing with other populations. Well, if the Zombies tide has receded. If they never recede and you stay alive it means you are holed up.
But say the zeds convert 90% of the world, then all rot away, leaving that 10% to rebuild. Not a lotta mixing. And humanity doesn't lose medical knowledge unless it really tries to. Goes full ignoramus on PURPOSE. Which I don't put past humanity, but these are the 10% survivors. They'll bounce back and MAKE antibiotics again relatively fast because they know it is possible. There is lots less iron and coal mining with 10% of the world population. Plenty of scrap around, and if you kept the hydroelectric going in the interim...
Now the video is right about not seeing many bikes in zombie shows. Or spears.
What always bothers me is the lack of proper field fortifications. I was embarrassed for the Brits in the film "The Girl With all the Gifts." FENCING? You have a mob of unarmed infantry and your go-to fortification in fencing?
Star Forts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_fort
To be confident and competent enough with a rifle to be able to hit anything I can see in a Jovian Thunderbolt kind of way.
To be able to defend myself with a handgun.
To perhaps harvest some tasty venison with either a rifle or a shotgun, any skin or antler is just a nice bonus, here.
And, if necessary: To Defend the Ramparts of Democracy from a Level 4 Zombie Outbreak or against the Jacobin, Rampaging, Godless, Red-Commie Hordes (or their modern equivalent.)
"You never select a shotgun as your primary anti-zombie firearm. It's great for onesy twosey, but zombies travel in hordes. The reload time is onerous, and the ammo, while effective, is heavy and bulky and short ranged."
Big Mistake for Her
If Ginsberg had let Scalia put the words "strict scrutiny" in Heller and Hillary said "Gun control is just not going to be a priority for my administration," Hillary would have been elected President.
People I Hit F5 on all day, hoping for more content...
No Monopoly on Emotions
-
Quote of the Day You will never win the war of emotions against gun control
advocates. But you can’t afford to lose that battle either. … The gun
control s...
Unusual Kill
-
One of the F/A-18F Super Hornets that had been operating off the *USS
Abraham Lincoln* was photographed while returning to its home base in San
Diego sport...
Morning Pun
-
So the radio ad offered "Free gutter examination,: and I thought it
would be nice to have a professional look at 'em. I called the number and
get an...
The Ultimate Light Machine Gun Concept
-
The modern light machine gun sits at an interesting crossroads. For
decades, the basic concept has been the same: provide a small infantry unit
with a belt...
Serious Mistakes Gunowners Make Link Updates
-
Some of the links to Serious Mistakes Gunowners Make have become unworkable
over the years. The buttons have the current link and take my readers
directly ...
The man who made the Internet possible
-
Divemedic has been geeking out about home network stuff which has been a
bit of a walk down memory lane - I once had a supervisor who turned down my
requ...
Weekend Knowledge Dump- October 2, 2026
-
Knowledge to make your life better. If you have some free time, check out
some of these links this weekend. Teaching Your Brain to Look Through the
Dot ...
What caliber for Optimus?
-
Yeah, I’ve not been blogging in a long time. But AI has happened in the
interim. I use it. I like it. It’s certainly made my life easier and more
entertain...
The New Resistance to the 2A
-
You can see the resistance is shaping up around “sensitive places” doctrine
and “good moral character.” I remember seeing a comment from Prof. Adam
Winkler...
Eighteen Years Ago Today...
-
Eighteen years ago today, my son was born. TheBoy entered the collective
conscious, bringing "father" to the list of names I proudly wear. He's off
to the ...
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
1 comment:
What always bothers me is the lack of proper field fortifications. I was embarrassed for the Brits in the film "The Girl With all the Gifts." FENCING? You have a mob of unarmed infantry and your go-to fortification in fencing?
Star Forts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_fort
Post a Comment