So I stopped at a gunstore and saw one of these:
You all know I talking about a Combat Commander...
What I need YOU to do is talk me down off the ledge and not go back and buy it after work...
Or, conversely, goad me into getting it.
All in comments, but mind you, I need a why. Why get it or why wait.
- It's a Colt. While that cache doesn't hold me as the be all end all, it does have some influence on me. I'm not impervious. It's the company with the same letterhead that made the original 1911 100 years ago, after all. It'd be my one real purchase of 2011. (ha!)
- It's THERE. I've been looking on and off for a while and this is the first one I've seen where I could plop down the money and get it.
- It has most all the features I want. And it really doesn't need any monkeying with, really, to make me happy with what it doesn't have. (night sights, that bump in the grip safety...) I might swap out the grips and be done. If I got it.
- It's got MIM parts in it. Sure my Springfield Loaded does too, I'm sure. That didn't stop me then. And MIM isn't ALL bad. Probably give me a lifetime of trouble free service. I can slowly swap out the internals at the gunsmith over time to forging, except the frame.
- It's pricey, but that hasn't stopped me, before, you all know.
- I'd be better off, maybe, getting the XD40 at half the price of this. I bet I'd shoot the XD better.
- Other reasons I'm counting on YOU to tell me to wait and get some other Combat Commander at some future date.
- I don't want the enthusiasm of the find make me purchase in haste.
I may have to go look at it, and handle it, regardless. And if it has a sold sticker on it already, well... That's Cthore, God of Thunderboomers, telling me it wasn't to be at this time and I'll accept that philosophically.
If I did get it, that would end my 1911 desires for years and years. I'd have my spare. No more .45 pistols would come to grace my safe or need to.
You have til 2PM EST to respond...