Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Buy Ammo Day part deux

I went to Engage Armament after work. It had been a while, and I want to pick up so pistol ammo to go with the rifle ammo I got in Chantilly's Expo. I also wanted to look around and drool.

Anyway, I got a couple boxes of .38 Special, and one of .357.

Half the guns are leaving! Yes. The older stuff is out the door. Going to be auctioned off somewhere in Pennsylvania. Dang. Mostly the antique stuff. Double dang! Good thing I secured the antique stuff I coveted already...

But they assured me that slowly but surely they will refill the shelves with more and more guns to look at.

I'll miss the old stuff and the vibe it gave off, but it's still my favorite gun store. Mainly because they treat me like a valued customer, rather than an interloper. A little hint, gun stores. I'm a walking wallet with YOUR money in it. Treat me so I want to give the money I've been holding for you, TO you.

While there I noticed something. An item in the 'used' cabinet, for a halfway decent price. Yes it was an impulse buy. They had a .22 conversion kit for a .45. I figured I better get it now if I am going to get a .45 for Buy A Gun Day on April 15th. The conversion kit is a Wilson Combat, which was made by Ceiner. I've discussed this all before, here.

It was there, I would need it eventually, and I wouldn't get that good a price on a Wilson Combat version. So it came home with me. I'll get some more mags for it in the future, but that can wait until I get the gun. Maybe in February. More imporantly, when I get my first .45, I'll also get my first .22 pistol. It's a good idea to pack along on TEOTWAWKI situation, if you have to CARRY everything on you. This with your .45, a brick of .22 ammo with your spare full .45 mags, a rifle and it's bandolier of ammo. It's all almost manageable, weight-wise. Limited, but with that brick you can shoot 500 rabbits and/or groundhogs.

The hard part on Buy a Gun Day will be waiting UNTIL that day. I usually get my tax refund check by mid February. If you keep that much money around the car will smell it and break down and want it all for itself.

Here's a picture of the kit. NICE sights on it. I like.

No comments: