Saturday, July 24, 2010

Methane Doom

Great. Just great.

I spend years and thousands of dollars to build my bunker in the wilderness, stock it with enough canned goods to feed 10 people for 3 years, plus farm equpment that doesn't need gasoline, accumulate a battery of firearms and ammo to equip a platoon adequately, and bury Kruggerands all over in secret caches.... I mean I am READY for whatever End of the World situation you throw at me, plague, economic collapse, EMP or Mongol horde.

But I'm not ready for this.

Apparently, Mother Nature is about to fart. The methane will be enough to cause a world wide extinction event. And it may happen because of BP's drilling, and subsequent rig failure, in the Gulf of Mexico. It's like they've fed Gaia a baked been and cheese casserole, and the drill and leak is muscle relaxant for her sphincter muscle. How do you prep for THIS kind of TEOTWAWKI?

DOOMED!!!!!!


Way to go, Obama. You've doomed us all with your inability to fix the leak back in the beginning of June. I knew there was a reason I stayed home last election day...

1 comment:

sofa said...

"It's like they've fed Gaia a baked been and cheese casserole, and the drill and leak is muscle relaxant for her sphincter muscle. How do you prep for THIS kind of TEOTWAWKI?"

It might not be a good idea to 'light a match to kill the scent'.

How long can you hold your breath?