Tuesday, August 24, 2010

MBtGE Range Report

I've been lazy and my routine discombobulated and got off the weekly range trip habit. In the meantime I can post My Buddy the Gun Enthusiast's range details. He got a new AR 15 recently and needed to put it through it's paces.


"A range report:


So The Boy and I went to the NRA range yesterday to air out the ARs. We took the AR15 and the AR10 along with my Glock 21.


I love the new DPMS AR15. The recoil is so light it was very easy to keep on target even during rapid fire. I think the bull barrel really helps. It is the flat top model with one of my cheap scopes on it currently. Even so, we were hitting nice groups. I have already decided to buy a nice scope for it. Something with good eye relief. It came with two, 30 round mags. I am buying some more Magpul mags today.


The AR10 was brutally on target. We ran though 100 rounds very quickly. So quickly that the front grip was too hot to hold. This is the biggest reason to get a drop down fore grip. The AR10 was the loudest thing in the room. The flash was big and the bullets were sparking as they struck the backstop. People were stopping because of the noise as I blazed through my 4th mag. The concussion was moving the brass on the floor that was swept in front of the lanes. Damn, it got hot. Big fun though.


I was working on one handed shooting with the Glock, both right and left handed.


I was so on target I amazed even myself. Maybe it was a complete lack of flinching. Not even blinking.


Next trip out is skeet. YBtGE"

No comments: