Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Early Voting

 I got lots of notices from my county that there were no lines at the early voting centers.  "No waiting!"

Montgomery county is liberal.  Very.  And we have 900,000+ people here in this adjacent to DC county. 11 early voting centers.

Friend in more rural counties report long lines and wait times of 90 minutes.  Counties like Calvert and Carrol.  Slightly more conservative.  170,000 peeps served by 2 early voting centers.

So, same number of facilities per capital.  Totally different voter enthusiasm.

Interesting.  

I don't think Maryland is going Trump.  But things might be closer than 2 to 1.

2 comments:

McChuck said...

Last week here in Midwestia, I was early voter #9230 in a county with a total population of about 35,000.

Anonymous said...

My version of early voting has always been to vote on election day as soon as the polls open.