Sunday, August 8, 2021

Golden

 Nice.


Germany seemed to do better back when there were two of them.  

Russia, too, in high pressure Soviet days, but there were more nations inside the USSR.  I could add them all up...  5 more from Uzbeckistan, 8 from Georgia, 19 for Ukraine, 7 from Belarus, 2 for Estonia, 2 for Latvia, 7 for Azerbaijan, 3 for Kyrgyztstan, 4 for Mongolia, 1 for Lithuania, 8 for Kazakhstan, 1 for Turkmenistan... It adds up.  A Soviet Union today would have 138 total medals.  Phew

But I like looking at the plucky nations further down the charts.



Good on ya PR and Bermuda.


And tiny little Grenada



2 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I may be wrong on Mongolia. I didn't look it up, and am relying on 30 year old memories... lessee. Nope I was wrong. But add Moldavia!

McChuck said...

More proof that Puerto Rico doesn't even consider itself to be part of the USA.