Monday, December 6, 2021

It only took 50 some years.

Despite recent challenges, I feel... satisfied.  Like I've simplified and distilled my life down to well worn paths and habits.  And that's a good thing.  

I feel like the Detective Somerset character in Se7en.  Coasting into retirement, but before get roped into the event that then happen.

Sure, something could also happen to ME and knock everything into a cocked hat.  Something will, eventually.  That's the way life works.  I could get worsening health outcomes, I could get fired and struggle to get another job, my neighborhood could get hit by a meterorite, levelling it...

But, right now, I am satisfied with where I am.  

And my health could/should improve.  I'd like to re-add some missing paths.  Like a regular trip to the range.  Seek out the grail of firearm acquisitions...  A DeLisle repro.  Now that I can't, I long to have the ability to get back into the workshop and make something out of wood.  So, I got things to maybe look forward to.  

Yeah, this cancer is gonna kill me, but first we have to do that time period where I go "I'm in complete remission," until I am not.  Probably.  That is probably what is gonna happen.  

 

No comments: