Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Question

When do I tell my boss about the cancer?

I've told family and close friends.  That's it.  No casuals like co-workers.  But co-workers notice my time off and my f-ed up feet and f-ed up hand.  And knew about my whinging over back pain until the lyrica took that down to a dull roar.   They KNOW shit is wrong.  I can't hide it.  Limping and hobbling at half speed.  

I should prolly tell the guy that approves my timesheets.  

But it's also none of their bidness.  I shouldn't have to tell anyone I don't want to tell.  This is going to kill me, but it's not going to kill me soon.  I will probably get to retirement age.  Maybe even switch to another company before that happens.  Get the jump-ship-pay-boost.  So telling them is moot. 

I'll tell the boss.  You think I should tell the boss?  Just him tho.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You don't have to tell anyone. I'd apply for FMLA if you haven't already, but no one needs to know the nature of the application beyond what's in the paperwork.

Marty said...

Don't tell anyone at work. Fuckers could decide. "Find a non-health reason to dump the TBolt guy before he costs us a bunch of money.

Mike V said...

Telling or not is a hard call. At the end of the day, you know your boss better than we do. Trust your instincts.