Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Converted Another One

So yet ANOTHER work buddy said, out of the blue, “I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting a Ruger MkIII before years end… went looking at guns yesterday. It’s that or a .45. I think I need to measure my junk before I make my final choice.” This buddy is known affectionately as The Beard.

Frozen owns no guns. Frozen chats with me about guns. Frozen goes out and buys one. Then another. More.

Trollop owns no guns. Then Trollops chats with me about guns. Trollop goes out and buys one. Then another.

The Contrarian used to own guns, but hasn’t for years. Then he talks to me about guns, and decides he needs to get one again, now that he is divorced and there is no wife to complain.

And now, The Beard.

I even got ANOTHER work buddy to check out a few things. But he’s a former Marine. He didn’t need any extra encouragement where firearms are concerned. He is seriously thinking Enfield thanks to my guidance, tho, so there is that. He’s know as Coke Machine. Don’t ask how he got that nickname.

Chuckles and Corky were thinking about getting boomsticks just when I was, so I can’t take credit for theirs.

Not a bad record so far, if I do say so myself.

Gonna be a good day, Tater.

No comments: