Saturday, December 26, 2009

Loot

What did I get for gunnie related Xmas loot?

Bupkis.

But that's ok. Last year I got the 1950's book about guns of the year. A compendium of magazine articles. And they LOOKED for stuff like that again for this year and just didn't find any. It's great to know they are looking.

Ooo! I haven't plugged the 50 year old electronic reprints of Guns Magazine lately. I love reading those. I forgot to check on November, so I better head over there and look at it now before January comes and bumps it off the list. Article for 1959... "Guns and Gear for IndoChina." I wonder what is happening in IndoChina? Something with the French. Shouldn't concern the US, much, I figure...

3 comments:

Arthur said...

Heh, seeing the 1950's prices on firearms would probably make me weep.

And yes, I know if you corrected for inflation today's prices are probably an incredible bargain in comparison, but still....

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

$34.95 for a 1911. But how much was an ounce of gold in 1959? $35?

If I had an ouce of gold to spend on firearms today, I'd get a decent 1911...

Diane said...

I read your review of Monster Hunter International, and got a copy for each of my daughters - now waiting for the youngest to finish it so I can read it. Great Christmas present!