Friday, November 2, 2012

Slicker

As part of my hunting/surviving/outdoor attire, I acquired an oilskin duster.  Sorta like this.  To keep the rain off. 

I got a great chance to use it during the windy rain we had this week, since I was going to work.  I figured worst case scenario and I'd have to get out of my car and hoof it somewhere.  And no umbrella was going to help.  An oilskin cowboy hat with a chin strap completed the ensemble.  I had boots in the car if I had to get out of my workshoes.  I probably shoulda placed wools socks in there, too.

Me likey.  Even oversize, any bulkier a coat underneath and it would be a bit too snug.  I best empty those pockets of extra gear.  That was the only thing against it.

A heavy pack over top of it might have been too much, though, pulling at the snaps.

1 comment:

Stretch said...

Mine's brown ... of course.