Friday, June 14, 2013

Stormageddon

Well, they were predicting a biggish storm for yesterday evening, and I am writing this post before that.  So, right now, I may have no power.  Like last year when this happened.  This time I have a freezer full of nothing but ice blocks.

Thrown back into the stone age in a blink.

How will I survive?  Well, I should have gotten the email sale advertisement for this a month ago.  4320 serving of food with a shelf life of 25 years.  That's almost 4 years of meals for me.  Plenty of time to get the crops in if I was the last man on earth. 

Hmm, last man on earth...  I think a better strategy if you have the planet to yourself is to move near a body of water.  Except for the contamination from industrial wastes and the nuke plants that use the Bay and it's tributaries the Chesapeake would make a great, relatively easy, protein factory after 4 years of no commercial fishing pressure.  But yes, lone man, get near a body of water.  Fin and feather to add to your bounty.

3 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Hey, they were right. The storm predict 2 days ago did come and it did knock out my power. Restore in 4 hours. The power went out about 3 minutes after I nuked my dinner.

Laura said...

glad you weren't inconvenienced for too long this time around. we managed to keep our power this time, but we weren't in the path of the worst of the storm. we just got heavy rain.

Bubblehead Les. said...

FRESH WATER, DAMNIT!