Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What was I saying?

I spent the weekend down in almost West Virginia.  Go west from my alma mater for 30 minutes and you are still in Virginia, but only just.  My nephew was graduating from High School.  So I was out of pocket, essentially, for a few days there, hanging with the fambly.

And... there was another mass shooting.  Looks like the most pertinent detail is the shooter was as nutty as an outhouse rat.  Poor guy.  Poor victims.  Wasn't I just talking about this last week?  The victims would still be alive and perp would be getting treatment if we lived in a more perfect world.

We don't have a gun problem in this country.  We have a mental health policy problem and a War on Drugs policy problem.  And yet a little under half the country is wasting energy on the wrong thing.

No comments: