Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Meat


You know bird watchers.  They have this thing.  A Life List.  A personal journal where they record all the different varieties of birds they personally run across.

Well, I know some folks that have a Life List of a different sort.  For MEAT.  ANd here is a source to help you work your way through your list.  Exotic Meats.  Lion and Guinea Fowl and Zebra.  Gembok. 

No horse on their list, but I've seen other supply houses that can get you that. 

Hey, I'll try anything once.  Well.  Most anything.  No Long Pig of any form for me, thank you.  And I'm not keen on housecats or domestic dogs. 

Oddest stuff I've already had?  Gator, I guess. Scrapple.


5 comments:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

I ate horse in Slovenia. It's something they seem to like over there. We were about 5 miles from the Lipica Stud Farm

http://www.lipica.org/en/

where the original Lippizaner stallions were bred.

My wife wanted to know if the horse we were eating was an asshole or a slow learner.

It's ok. I'd rather eat beef.

Marty said...

Let me do a quick list! I will join you in this effort!

I will skip the typical ones for now.

Rabbit, pheasant, squirrel, possum, wild boar, venison, elk, buffalo, ostrich, gator, rattle snake, Canadian geese, dove.

I'd try horse, cat and dog. Even long pig if I was starving, crashed airplane style.

ProudHillbilly said...

Eyeballs. No eyeballs.

I understand that nutria is quite tasty.

Erin Palette said...

Fried gator tail is a delicacy here in Florida, and it's GOOOOD.

Angus McThag said...

The bird list and meat list are not mutually exclusive.

Just sayin'.