Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Takoma Park is like 8 minutes away from me

AH HAHAHA HA HA HA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

"Police Chief in Uniform Told to Leave Gun Outside Ikea"

You'll have to remember that in 1981, when that Reagan guy got elected, Takoma Park declared themselves a nuclear free zone, that town did.  They sorta straddle the DC line.  They refused to deal with contractors involved with any arms sales to the DoD, so all their police squad cars were expensive Volvos.  (They were almost Saab, then someone told them about Viggens)

And now the police chief can't shop at Ikea while strapped.  Good luck when a shooter invades the Takoma Ikea store.

Either way, no armed cops allowed!


Fools.


And it's kinda iffy if that Ikea is in Takoma Park or College Park, home of the University of Maryland, and the fighting Diamondback Terrapin, Testudo.  Iffy to me, at least. 

Money quote:

Neither of those options seemed a good one to the officer. "It isn't the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster," he said. "And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous."

Me either, buddy.  I don't see the sense of it either.

Ikea is walking it back, now.

This is in MARYLAND, mind you.  With precious few CCW folks.  No one OCs here except police.  So what few CCW people there are are just continuing to carry on the down low.  Oh, and the crooks are still strapped, of course.

I'm sure this cluster will be straightened out when the store has a chance to think about it.  I do like it when the Soiled Undergarment Histrionics Brigade gets called out for their foolishness and hoisted by their own petard.

3 comments:

Jerry The Geek said...

Yeah, I read the story, too. And I thought it was really weird.

But I didn't see the humor in it, until you pointed it out for us.

So I just laughed my ass off ... thanks for giving me the perspective to grab my One Minute Laffa-a-Thon of the day!


jB)

Bubblehead Les. said...

Oh, I wish there was an Armed Robbery there, and the Chief was outside while it was happening!

Lee said...

This reminds me of the on duty patrol officer who was told that a coffee shop in Portland, OR did want police officers in the shop.

I would studiously avoid those stores, on duty and off.