Sunday, September 6, 2015

What the...

Almost 100,000,000 people have been unemployed so long that they have given up looking for work.

I guess that truism is true.  Any president can have a recession or depression.  It takes a Democrat to make them 'great.'  I'm glad my grandfather wasn't alive to see this.  He'd have been 110 next July.  10 years gone now. 

I've been unemployed, I've experienced that feeling of 'maybe I'll never get another job.'  But that feeling was always in the back of my mind 'what if I don't get another job as good as the last job?'  For gawrsh sakes there are JOBS out there.  I've been a janitor!  It's a simple job I can do again.  Doesn't pay as much as an IT professional with certifications, but it's better than starving when unemployment runs out.

My car is in the shop and might be there a while.  230,000 mile checkup.  I should prolly rent a car tomorrow.  It might be like that.  I figure my next car purchase may have a $300 a month car loan.  So if the repair costs $1500 it better then last without trouble for 5 months.  I am confident that's possible. 

If I get an estimate for a $6000 repair, however....

1 comment:

LCB said...

Most people haven't given up. This is gov-speak for "They've fallen off of the unemployment insurance roles, so we say they've quit looking."

If a repub was in the Whitehouse...then all you'd be hearing about is the underemployed and those still looking...