Monday, January 4, 2021

Hey, I ALSO buy food!

 

They sure did stack the cans high back then. Been a long time since I've seen a shelf more than one item high.

Shopping carts were teeny. I've seen them grow, and I've seen them shrink back, and I've seen Wegmans ruin them with their patented ankle-crusher carts. Those carts are why I carry a tourniquet and Israeli trauma bandage. Many a fellow shopper has cried for his Mama when those killer carts clip you off below the knee. It's the toe of the cart, jutting out and not in line of sight. The ones here are even more pronounced.

2 comments:

Ritchie said...

Designed and approved by people who knew they'd never have to use it. They have people for that.

ProudHillbilly said...

I got nailed in the Achilles tendon by a grocery cart once. The pain and weeks of limping 30 years ago have resulted in a paranoia about shopping carts behind me.