Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Some days you eat the bar…

I wonder if it will help CCW spreading with all the bear sightings happening in *towns 

A few pets snatched up in front of the family while walking the dog, or a few close encounter scares, face to face.  Then the subsequent inability for 911 to instantly swoop in and solve the problem because that is impossible, and even upper middle class white ladies that were normally anti-firearms of any kind might see some occasional utility of they, or, better, someone else very nearby, having a gun to hand.  

"Oh, don't hurt Yogi, but do scare him off.  This whole can of anti-grizzly pepper spray barely made him sneeze, but maybe shooting into the air will do?  What?  Well, yes, I will stop voting for people that want to ban guns, just hurry!  I don't think Fluffy my Labradoodle can hold him off much longer."



(*I swear I composed this post before seeing Tam's link to a bar in Indy.  Serendipity, synchronicity, whatever.  Ahem.  Bearthread.)




1 comment:

Marty said...

Bear sightings here in my sleepy hood. Coyotes too, that eat cats. My sister has them both at her house where I like to camp. My wife has a shiny new 2000 lumen flashlight and looks for eyes in the woods every night...