Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fore Grip

If I ever got some sort of after market rail system for my M14 it would be to be able to mount more optics in more configurations. Secondarily it would be for a foregrip. Foregrips offer other more than something to hang your off-hand on. I like the Grip-Pod concept, to double as a bipod, but grips also can be hollow to allow for battery storage. And Crimson Trace has come out with a flashlight/laser combo, too. Shown at the SHOT show.

It’s all self-contained, with no wires from stick-on switches to separate illumination units to hang up on obstructions and such. Great, now ANOTHER option to ponder and dissemble over. Do I want storage, prone-shooting stability, or a good light? I’ll be paralyzed with indecision from the plethora of option. But it’s a GOOD paralysis. Capitalism is grand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all so friggin expensive!
I am in the same boat- but even the simple Amega Ranges ones are a few hundered$$- ouch

Anonymous said...

They are all so friggin expensive!
I am in the same boat- but even the simple Amega Ranges ones are a few hundered$$- ouch

Anonymous said...

A foregrip on a fullsize M1A? That's just wrong!