Thursday, January 8, 2009

Manly

There is a "Manliest Guns List" going around.

#10: SMLE

#9: Mosin-Nagant M44

#8: GLOCK

#7: Swiss K31 Carbine.

#6: AK47

#5: Smith & Wesson Model 29

#4: AR15

#3: Remington 870

#2: Colt Model 1911A1 .45 ACP

#1: Barrett M82 .50 caliber rifle

They're all ok. I guess.

I have one. A 1911. That's fine. Most of main guns are manlier than most of the others listed above.

AR-15? Hmph. The M-14/M1A model craps bigger than them.

SMLE? That's alright, if you can't get your hands on a Springfield '03. I guess if you were just out of a recovery ward at a hospital the Enfield would be a good choice, but only until you are stronger and eating solid food.

And 870 shotty is ok if can't get your hands on a Browning Auto-5 pattern. Even better, one made by a Muhrican company like Remington Model 11.

What else... Hmmm... Let's see. Oh yes! I have a GARAND. Killed more Nazis, Tojos, and Commies than all the other guns on that list, combined. That's a fact. You can take my word on it. (Don't check too close or you might see some confusing and misleading statistics about the Mosin killing Nazis, or the SMLE killing Nazis... Sure. But not Nazis-Tojos-Commies...)

So call me when you want to put away your Lincoln Logs and Tinkertoys and want to play a man's game... have a man's conversation... ~yawn~


[now if you are giving AWAY any of those guns and need a deserving soul to offer them to as gifts, well look no further!]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

When you get a chance, I'd like to talk to you about an advertising opportunity for your blog. Send me an e-mail cjomalley21@gmail.com

Bob said...

I disagree with the Swiss K31 being on the list. It should definitely be on the list of 10 most desirable milsurps to acquire, but for 10 manliest guns for an American to own, its place should be taken by the Garand.

Anonymous said...

Let's see, while I don't have a M44, I do have a Mosin-Nagant 91/30, a K31, an AR15 and just a few days ago, I picked up a used Remington 870. I had a 1911, but recently traded it for XD45 Tactical.

Oh, and I just got my Garand back from Orion 7; it is a thing of beauty.

Anonymous said...

What? No Desert Eagle .50?

Home on the Range said...

I love my little K 31. When the gang was all over for dinner, Tam took the butt plate off and we got the little slip of paper that has the name of the original soldier that owned it. I'm going to see if I can track him down, if he is still living.