Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh, I see...

You're just going to the range so you'll have blog fodder, ain't'cha, T-Bolt?!

No! Honest!

Well, I DO need more fodder. Getting thin on the ground out here. Something will come up.

I said it before, I'm trying to get some near-weekly practices in because I saw decent results that way. I want to try to reinforce that.

Plus, the new snubbie is new and novel, and I want to play with it. And snubbies have a reputation of being hard to shoot well. Though I seem to be better with double action revolvers than single action 1911s for some reason. (Freak!)

Here is the first target, cold:


There are 5 separate aim points that I shot a cylinder at. The center and the 4 pasters. Meh. Not bad for cold. SOME of these are .357. The rest are very filthy American Eagle brand .38. By the end of the range session it looked like I had dipped my hand in the shaving of a dozen full pencil shapeners.

Here is target 2, with 3 aim points:



Better. Note the whole in the very center. That tickles me. I am so rarely there.

And the final target, shooting multiple cylinders at the 3 aim points:



Closing up the groups. You can see it. Much better than my performance 2 or 3 years ago. But that's a big reason I do this. To keep track of my performance and to try and better it.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Snubbies are a 'challenge' to put it mildly... I'd be perfectly happy with those targets from 7 yards...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Yes, but is it enough?

Old NFO said...

If you didn't put him down, you scared the s**t out of him :-) I don't know too many people who can face multiple rounds and keep coming...