Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pistols and Dunderheads

This is the sorta thing I would blog about, but Helena Handbasket did the job much more thoroughly that I could.


He does the research. Looks like it all started to get munged up during the Carter Administration. Figures. Is there NOTHING that monster can't corrupt and defile?

Yeah, it's hard enough keeping up with the language specific to the Shooting Culture. Clip versus magazine, bullet vs. cartridge vs. case vs. shell vs. round. I STILL mess these up, Though if I think about it I don't mix terms.

Anyway, RTWT.

3 comments:

James R. Rummel said...

Thank you so for the link!

Old NFO said...

Good one, and I had to 'educate' a little smart ass clerk last week on that... made him look it up before I'd pay for the 'pistols' :-)

Jim said...

The anals can also have a ball with the construction "people that."

Miss Thistlebottom raps your knuckles and shrieks it is "people who" and "things that." As in:

"People who own guns that go bang...".