Monday, December 13, 2010

M1A Stock

This is just to remind myself how much I WANT this stock. For my M1A.




I need to calm down before my bank account melts down.

First, I need to see reviews about it.

Then I need to actually handle it. To see how heavy it feels in my hands. I don't want to add weight to an already heavy rifle. Most other stocks I've handled are too front heavy.

This one has promise. Usually when you buy aftermarket M1A stocks they are bristling with rails. I prefer to just get a few. Why have 6 feet of rails, 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock when you will use maybe a foot and a half? So that's a nice feature with this stock. You can add on after purchase.

Then there are the options to add. Like a picatinny rail underneath ($59), an adjustable cheek piece($199), sling swivels ($39), titanium instead of aluminum bearing surfaces ($179). So, what? We're up to an additional $500? Total $1100. For a stock.

See what I mean about taking a big breath.

Covet...


I'm not setting up my M1A for long range sniping type activity. Which makes me think I should save my money and just go for a top rail and keep the walnut.

5 comments:

bluesun said...

But the real question is what of the 8 colors would you choose?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Pink! Naturally.

Earl said...

You have real wood, your rifle has a soul... not one of those EVIL black plastic/steel thingees....

The design is interesting, could be carved from wood if needed.



wv embele Google strikes for embellish!

Windy Wilson said...

I got really excited because it looks like it could have a pocket in the stock for a spare magazine, but apparently that isn't an option here.

Anonymous said...

Two of the guys in my section have their platforms set up with the JAE, both love it, and it does waht they say it'll do, but it IS pretty mission specific.
Walnut's got more soul if you're not building up an M21