I had an anonymous commenter go on about the National Popular Vote movement.
Not just no, hell no.
I hate the sentiment. We need MORE federalism in this country, not less. I don't want 51% of the country deciding it's ok to pee the Cheerios of the other 49%. We are not a Democracy, nor do we want to be. We are a Federal Republic. Full stop. We haven't been vigilant enough the past 100 years or so opposing inroads by the Tyranny of the Masses and that has given us problems today without piling on more. Were it to pass, the coasts would call the shots on presidential elections. You want Presidents that New York and California agree on? Well I can see that, because NY and CA are example of prudent gov't that we should all emulate... /sarcasm
If you want to be a Democracy have a Constitutional Convention and tear up the current system and then fight that Civil War after. Have the courage of your convictions. Stop trying to the change the rules of the game just because you are losing and people aren't doing what you think they should be doing. Maybe what they are doing is their bidness and not yours.
Repeal the 17th amendment while you are at it. Both are populist-progressive abominations unto Nuggan. Tyranny of the masses.
Another reason to distrust it? Maryland signed onto the nonsense as an early adopter. I bet Jimmy Carter likes the policy too.
The only reason it's had any traction is because Gore lost in 2010. And some people foolishly wanted to actually win. If Gore had prevailed can you IMAGINE the Mad Max style wasteland this country would be at this point?
A huge favor by the incoming Tea Party state legislatures would be repealing this in purple states that already passed it.
Springfield Armory® Unveils ‘Concealed Carry Day’ with $4,300 Promo - [image: 9:1- Concelaed-Carry-Prize-Package-- copy]Today marks the first day of the month long Duel 3 contest from Springfield Armory. They started it out...
4 hours ago