Tuesday, August 30, 2011

List Inspiration

Been looking for blog fodder inspiration in my Master List, and I got bupkis.  There is no new gun acquisition sparking me up aside from my perrenial .45 carbine jones.  I went from "AR that fires from greasegun mags!" and back to Kriss Karbine, now.  Even with the Glock Mags.  I need to try that Kriss at a range.

I am still interested in tricking out the M1A a bit more with a optics.  Probably forward mounted EOTech.  I wonder if a wobbly rear magnification swing-aside scope in conjunction with a red dot would work like that? I could mount the red dot on a fore end scout type rail, and since the magnifier doesn't have to be precise the receiver rails that go with M1As aren't the best for a scope platform.  Simple way to add some capability.

Anyway, it's probably for the best, me not itching for a new boomstick or otherwise.  I don't have a lot of spare cash, really, lying around for expensive guns OR firearm accessories.   

5 comments:

Newbius said...

Saw a Kriss Karbine out in the wild on Sunday. Looks like a cool toy.

Tam said...

Take the money you were going to spend on a new gat and spend it on ammo and gun school. :)

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

So take all zero dollars and spend all of it on ammo and training... check.

Any purchase would be the foolish kind. Credit Card debt! Boooooo!

Bubblehead Les. said...

Psst! Keep this on the Down Low. Sneak into the Miller's Ride, come up to the BlogShoot, and I'll let you shoot some of my stuff. Tam will never know.

Anonymous said...

Let us know how the research and shopping on that "Scout type forend" rail goes... Do you have the match barrel? It totally messed up my plans when I discovered how hard it is to find a scout type forend rail to fit the fat throat of a match barrel.