Friday, November 25, 2011

Airlines clueless...

"Airlines worry frustrations with security procedures contributing to decline in travel..."

You THINK so, Slick?!

I know I haven't flown, purposefully, on 2 occasions in the past couple years because of the TSA overreach.  Dump the TSA and the only thing I will consider is how cramped the damn seating is.  THAT's a big enough worry for the airlines, right there, and may dissuade me on occasion.  Yes, ticket price is less a concern for me.  I'll pay extra fro the luxury of not jamming the knees on the seat in front of me and having more than 11 inches of seat width for my but to squeeze into.  Airline flights have become the cross country bus trip of the 21st Century without the luxury and comfort.

Add the TSA tomfoolery and I'd rather walk to Florida.  I get more angry at the government AND the airlines every day the current civil rights violating system remains in place.  But the decision whether to fly is very easy at this point.  The decision is 'never.'

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Dead on NJT, it IS the new 'bus' trip... sigh

Bubblehead Les. said...

Doing my best to avoid the insanity, so far I haven't had to fly since Sept 2001. I dread the day when I'll have to.