Wednesday, November 16, 2011

HR822

With this amendment, I am boned:
"Congress offered an amendment to the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act that would allow a resident of a state or jurisdiction that does not allow concealed-carry permits to obtain the permit in another state and then use it in their home state."

I won't be able to carry in DC, Illinois or Maryland.  Illinois is fine, why would I want to go there.  I could LIVE with DC....

"But, but, but...  it says DOES NOT ALLOW, T-Bolt!  Maryland allows, just only for the politically connected and such."  Yeah yeah, but I wonder how long that word will stick before it is changed to something like 'issued'.

But if it goes through and passes and the President is forced to sign it because of election pressures...  I may be set with the Utah CCW permit.  And there are dang few restriction in MD for CCW.  Bars, drunk, church, schools.  Not that I want to carry concealed in a bar at the local high school and drink a beer or 9 there.  Because Maryland is a May-Issue-Prolly-Won't they never got around to locking down restricted areas.

Update:  No Amendment.  Nice.

Floor debate being liveblogged.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our little Sheila Jackson Lee from Queens NY and now a representative of intercity Houston don't like guns at all. I would be curious to know if she has a Texas CHL (Concealed Handgun License). I'd almost bet she has either a CHL personally, or that she has big bodyguards with a CHL following her around.

She has a need for protection, but us "common folks" don't.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

She probably had a permit for CCW in Queens.