Sunday, July 3, 2016

Terrible Implement

"Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans"

Robb tipped me off to that Foundine-Era quote.  I put it here because I really like it. 

And what a great name.  Tench Coxe.

Another name from that ere is St. George Tucker.    Getting ready to read his book.  For fun.  Hey, if Lincoln could read it for fun, I can too.  View of the Constitution of the United States and Selected Writings,  1803.  Book hungry Abe would have coveted Shakespeare, the King James Bible, Blackstone, and this.

1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

If I remember my Constitutional history right, St. George Tucker didn't do much at the Constitutional Convention except vote for a compromise at some particularly divisive moment in that convention.