Sunday, September 18, 2016

One week later...

So... pin all the way back.

I go to the range a week later with that new bit of reminded info.  Send up the target, load mags, watch the guy on the lane next to me hit the target carrier twice...

Then shoot and pin back.  Wait... that's no different that what I was doing before.  I... I was already doing that...  The only difference is I am thinking it, consciously this time.  Oh well.  Let me shoot a few strings and then bring it back...



WTF KIND OF ARMY MARKSMANSHIP VOODOO HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, SKIP?  WHY?!!  HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?!

Well, some improvement.  By thinking of something I was already doing.

Not bad.  A little right bias but that improved after the beginning two.  And number 5, except fot that one 'flier.'  One and three are pretty solid, too.  If the even number targets were as good as the odd I'd be ecstatic.

One bad habit I am noticing, tho, and it slows me down.  I can't see the holes all the way down the range.  But I find myself looking for them after some shots.  Like my focus is down at the target instead of in the plane the front sight lives in up near me.

1 comment:

Mike V. said...

Making you think about the reset keeps you from looking for the hole I'm guessing.