Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Stanger Things

No spoilers.

The sheriff is like the sheriff in Walking Dead.  Sporting a Colt Python.  If Hollywood buys them all up, no wonder the price is so high.   This set on Halloween 1984, so 2 years before the 4 years strike that kills Colt revolvers, if my memory is correct.

And I coulda swore the M16 was an A1, but no, I was wrong.  A2.

They do a good job with the antiques, non-gun details.  My buddy had a Ford LTD like that.  The Dr. Pepper and Tab cans are steel with straight sides.  I am pretty sure 1984 is a little late for no aluminum extruded cans with the major brands, thought the store brands were still rolled steel sheet, in my recollection.

It was fun seeing 3 Musketeer bars with white wrappers again.

SO much lady-shaped Mrs Butterworth syrup about this season.

Also:  Custom vans from back are mostly bullet proof.  Bullets certainly can pass through the vehicle, and most don't even penetrate one side.  Not 9mm or .223.  Musta used better sheet metal back then in car production.  Like at least 1/2" thick, right?  No wonder gas mileage was so bad.

No comments: