Friday, December 6, 2019

Need to sell another gun

Why?  No reason.  I got more than I want?

I over paid for Series 70 Colt Commander.  I thought it was stainless, but it was nickel plated.  I dunno why I like stainless, it's really something I need to get over.  Anyway, it's nothing special, and even if it wasn't plated, which would require stripping off, there isn't enough life to the rails to do a proper rebuild. 

The previous owner has done a horrible job putting on an extended slide release.  I mean, butchery to the slide release.  So I replaced that.  Pachmayr grips came with it, and I put them back on for the next person.

It's an ok gun, but I overpaid for it during one of the Obama panics.  Prolly won't get all my money back, but, I'll get some.  A decent some.

And, this is Maryland.  So I will put it up on consignment at my favorite boomstick purveyor.  All is well.

This one.  On the right.  I'm not selling the snubbie.


1 comment:

riverrider said...

man, how much you thinking on it? any way to sell it to a Virginian?