Monday, December 23, 2019

Single Stack

YEARS ago, I lamented there aren't enough single stack 9mm pistols out there.  Like nine years or so?  That I'd love to have one.  There were some available but not enough.

Well, now you can't swing a dead cat without hitting another model of 9mm single stacks.  And that's great.

But here I am, sitting on my hands.  Not spending money.  Oh, fickle gun customers like me must be the bane of the factories.

But I am not the shooter I was.

I have a single stack I shoot well, now, and it is a pair of custome 1911s in .45.  I am more likely to make a custome single stack 9mm 1911.

If I were in a shopping mood, a black plastic 9mm would be up there on the list I guess.  But it would be #5 or 6 on this list of 4.

Is there a middle place between J-Frame and IWB 1911 that a 9mm single stack could fill for T-Bolt in a more permissive CCW environment?  I dunno.  I used to think the .40 was a good compromise between 9 and 45, too.  Less so, now.

3 comments:

McChuck said...

S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ. With or without thumb safety and/or Crimson Trace laser. Check it out. (Naturally, the $50 rebate offer recently expired.)
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-shield-ez-no-thumb-safety

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Posted about that one the other week, too.

http://jovianthunderbolt.blogspot.com/2019/12/easy-peazy.html

Will said...

You can make a 9mm 1911 smaller than a .45 version. Word has it that Colt converted a Mustang to 9mm, but it would only last for about 5k rounds, so they quit trying. Ancient history, now.