Saturday, September 15, 2007

Atlantic Guns

I went to the Silver Spring store of Atlantic Guns after breakfast today. It is a twin to the Rockville store, the layout and displays are very similar. That probably makes it easier on the sales clerks, if they work both stores.

I did notice that it is hard to get the attention of the clerks. When I went to the Rockville store weeks ago I thought it was because they were a bit busy, but I was the only one in the store for a good while today, and they acted like they were alone. Now I like Potomac Trading, but I am not remiss to buying stuff from Atlantic Guns, I decided to play a game once I noticed they were doing the 'soft sell.' They only had to acknowledge my existence and I'd have bought something. I saw a range bag that I could have used, that full length bore cleaning rod, or even that one double barrelled shotgun I saw. Nothing special, and about $140. I'm not saying that a salesman should have hovered over me, but a mere "Good morning, let us know if you are looking for something," would have worked. I know that gun store customers like people to mind their own business, but not in a social pariah fashion.

Ah well.

I'll go back and probably buy something someday. But my enthusiasm isn't there now.

They had a gold plated Desert Eagle there. That was interesting. One of those .50 cal S&W snub nose revolvers, too, in an "Anit-Grizzly" kit. Kits comes with other survival equipment. Like a knife. I saw a .30-06 from Ruger in a left handed bolt config. Perhaps one day....

No comments: