Friday, September 21, 2007

Repetition

One thing I’ve noticed about the blog biz: It’s a good idea to write something every day. For one thing I owe to my HORDES of loyal fans and readers that would universally slit their wrists, en-masse. All of them! Well, both. (Is ‘two’ still considered ‘en masse’ if they act in concert?) The real reason is for me. To keep me in the habit of writing. Lots of blogs die a lonely death when the author loses interest, and you lose interest and the writing isn’t a habit. A habit can push your through times of low interest, and then the bug strikes again. Yay.

But how do I keep the subject matter fresh and interesting for YOU, the reader? I DON’T This is for me. And it’s going to appear repetitive as I have this internal dialogue with myself, trying to convince myself one way or another. So their may be more than one post on subjects like, ".308 or .30-30, which way should I go?..." And you may or may not sense which way the internal barometer of Thunderbolt opinion changed, but rest assured, it did.

In fact that is gonna come up here soon. Been thinking about the "bolt action hunting rifle with a 10x scope" on my wish list, and trying to refine the details down, plus I go back and forth on the some of the critical details where I have to choose one feature OVER another, and can’t have my cake, and eat it too. Well, the blog serves as my notes. I might forget something and have to refer back. I thought of this stuff cuz of Kim Du Toit reminding me: "You know, everyone should own a rifle that you can use to really get out there, with confidence."

Well, so far I've kept it up pretty good. Except for when I went on vacation I've post something nearly every day. Nearly.

Update: fixed my horrible spelling of 'Repitition'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

What ever you do don't be to religious about blog posting. It is better to post one every 2nd day for the next 3 years, than to post every day for the next 3 months, then quit because it is taking to much of your time.

I enjoy your blog, I don't want to see you quit!!!