Monday, July 6, 2009

Remington Ad

I saw this linked to at the Hessian's blog:



Now if THAT isn't a good ad for someone looking for a hunting rifle that shoots 7.62 in bolt action, I don't know what is.

I keep agonizing over which bolt action rifle to get myself, and I always come back to Remington as the factory rifle to get if I accept no subsitutes.



Lefty models in .308:



Model 700 SPS



Model 40 XB



Models I wished were available in lefty:



Model 700 VTR



Model 700 XCR



Model 700 XCR LR



Bonus:

And how about THIS model 7615 for a lefty .223 carbine? It isn't shooting pistol ammo, it's .223, but it has the AR magazine, and it's appropriate for lefties, AND it already has iron sights.



Model 7600 can shoot .308... No M1A magazine, but it does have a drop out 4 rounder. Hmmm... Scout rifle...




[UPDATE: Look at the ad for the M24 at the top of this post. There is a front sight! Where is the rear sight in all that? Why doesn't Remington offer an iron sight arrangement?]

2 comments:

GunGeek said...

I'm going to jump out on a limb here and say that the sniper rifle requires the removal of the rear sight when mounting a scope.

In fact, you can get it without the scope and it says it has iron sights, but all the models come with a "scope/iron sight carrying case" so that seems to confirm my theory.

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/m24sws.htm

T.Stahl said...

Yes, there seems to be just a short rail on the muzzle. Maybe so you could mount a diopter.
A flip-up ghostring rear as on the Steyr Scout, is that what your thinking?