I like Krauthammer. I read him every chance I get for his articulate conservative views, and I agree with him 90% of the time. The other 10% includes his whiff with firearm related civil rights. On this he is the king of the Metrocons. A conservative that is so used to city life that the only guns he sees or hears about are on TV, in a cops holster, and on the waistband of crooks. So Krauthammer ends up taking a very non-liberty-keeping view on guns. Like the fact the country is more crowded and more urban makes it more civilized, or the citizens that make up the society less in need of self-defense, or our police are more competent at catching and suppressing and deterring bad guys. And yet that's what Charles thinks.
Or he certainly did in 1996. He may have refined his views in the intervening 15 years. Let's hope.
(Doubly odd, he is not in a position to put up a defense of himself, physically, and this makes him an easier target. I have no idea if the results of his diving accident limits his ability to grip a firearm, but if it doesn't, such an equalizer would give him a fighting chance against some ne'er do well.)
"You never select a shotgun as your primary anti-zombie firearm. It's great for onesy twosey, but zombies travel in hordes. The reload time is onerous, and the ammo, while effective, is heavy and bulky and short ranged."
People I Hit F5 on all day, hoping for more content...
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.