Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Birthday, Abe

Good ol' Lincoln

Mom was a big fan, and there was a coffee table book about his life every present in the living room, growing up.  It was where I learned about hanging at a very young age from the picture of the executed assassination conspirators.

I'm also reading Team of Rival by Doris Kearns Goodwin, right now.  The man knew how to run politics, I'll give him that.  He makes Reagan and Clinton look like amateurs.  He was like a chess master, always several moves ahead of his apponents.  Kinda slick.

I know he is not a favorite of the wookie suiters.  What with habeus corpus suspensions and the expansion of the federal gov't that caused so much damage 50-75... 100 years later when that trend was extended out. 

Gun content?  I liked how he tested repeating rifles on what would be the National Mall, downtown DC, today.  And something about those early 'Assault Weapon' lever guns fascinates us even today.

No comments: