Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Work Buddy

Bought a Remington 870 tactical shotty.

Well, he put a down payment down because they have to order it.  I guess everyone wants a shotty now that Joe Biden's imprimatur is on them.  "If it's good enough for Mumbly Joe and Doctor Jill Biden to fend off zombies for encroaching on the grounds of the Naval Observatory then it's good enough for me."

He's getting rid of his AR.  Why?  MONEY!  As in, doubling it.

They used to have a time-ball at the observatory.  Interesting.  Now you know where that thing in Time Square comes from.

2 comments:

fatfred said...

You jogged an old memory for me.
When I was 12 to 14 years old I carried the local small town afternoon daily on a bicycle. The paper had a large black on white electric clock high on the wall in the main office labeled Naval Observatory time. When I asked they said it had a telephone hookup to DC to get the correct time. Wonder what sort of system it was? Is it still available??

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Still an atomic clock at the Observatory, yes.

Give em a call!

1 202 762-1401