Thursday, February 28, 2013

Meet the New Boss

He's different from the old one...

For one thing he is 10 years younger than me. [grumble grumble... in MY day... whippersnapper... get offa my lawn... * ]

For another, he is a shooter.  Out and proud, while I am bit in the closet, talking in code words, mostly, to avoid scaring the quasi gummint workers around here.

I've overheard that he has a Glock 21 and a .357 Sig from HK, I think.  He is looking to sell the HK on gunbroker and pick up a Glock 17 or somesuch.  Wants the 9mm.  He goes bird hunting but never cleans or eats what he shoots.  He gives his birds to fellow hunters there with him that do clean and eat.  He's Ex-Army, too.

So that's nice.  I haven't asked if he's ever read my blog...

* {No, I don't mind a younger boss.  Not anymore.  I prefer to stay on the technical/operations side of the house.  From what I see, now, in my aged wisdom, is that good bosses exist to shield me from meetings and compliance paperwork.  Been lucky lately with bosses.  Also, when contracts get renegotiated and some other company wins the bid, the bosses get the axe, the tech folks get hired to do the same job with paychecks from a different company.} 

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Well, you could always break the Ice by asking him how he feels about using Shotguns during a Zed Outbreak. And if he needs to be gently steered into the Proper Mindset, well....

Stretch said...

Piffle! Wait until that cute boss that looks familiar turns out to be the daughter of an old girlfriend.