Monday, February 11, 2008

Fun Show Report

So I went to the Fun Show Sunday.

I was looking for 2 long guns. Saw a few Winchester 88s. And some at a good price, but I didn't feel the luvin'. Or the desire to sit through the approval issues and paperwork.

The other gun I sort of had a hankering for, and wanted to see in the wild, was the Marlin Camp Carbine. No joy. I didn't see one. There might have been one there, but it didn't jump out at me. Saw something called a Fox Carbine that looked interesting. Had a Thompson Sub Machine Gun look to it. It even seemed to have a luggage lock combination for an extra child-proof safety lock. I don't know what magazine types it takes. And my requirement is for a carbine that accepts 1911 magazines, or do without. Further research seems to indicate it is a rare item.

Speaking of magazine types. That's pretty much all I bought at the show, extra mags. For guns I don't even have yet. That and ammo, of course.

The show seemed subdued compared to the fall. I noticed fewer 1911s on dealer tables, but the M1 Carbines seemed to have exploded in population.

And I saw my gun dealer from Engage Armament as I was walking in. Told him I was gonna have to pay him a visit, real soon.

Because I didn't buy a gun, I left with more cash that I thought I would. That's always good. This show I wasn't so sensory-overloaded. I didn't drool nearly as much as last time. I could focus and concentrate at the task at hand. I stuck to me punch list and didn't go on any spending jags.

No comments: