Friday, February 15, 2008

Yay!

Yay! Found the gun I wanted one on an online site and won the bid. Now for a lesson in FFL transfers.

Now if you listen to anti civil-rights groups, you may think that people are buying guns on the internet and getting them mailed directly to their house using Amazon.com's super-saver-shipping, free. No. You can spend money on guns, but they HAVE to be shipped to a person with a Federal Firearms License or FFL. A gun dealer, in other words. And the ATF has perview over them, and are quite strict. No shennanigans are brooked from FFL. You can only buy a handgun from a gun dealer in you own state, in order to be compliant with any state laws. Now you CAN buy a handgun out of state, but you can't take possession of it until it is shipped to your gun dealer, HE processes the reams of paperwork I'll have to fill out, and you pass all the background checks and wait out any waiting periods like the 1 week or the 1 gun a month laws. (Mostly baloney stuff, but you still gotta comply. As long as the firearm is forthcoming. I'd hate to see what would happen when the law abiding gun enthusiasts are told they don't have a right bear arms and must turn in their shooting iron. That could be a bad scene all around.) At any rate, this shipping to a local gun dealer when you buy out of state (like I might at a Virginia gun show) or online at an internet auction sight (like I did here) is what an FFL transfer is. It wouldn't be a problem if I was a licensed dealer/collector, but I don't want to have to deal with that hassle. As you can see from my list, there aren't TOO many guns on it and I don't have the disposable income to become a serious collector that would deal with larger quantities.

But the bottom line is, My parkerized Springfield 1911 is on the way. AND. It is my BAG gun. BAG stands for Buy A Gun day. That day is April 15th, officially, so people can buy a gun with their tax refund and remember what the 2nd Amendment is about, but I can't wait that long. I got it now. Which is fine because I get my tax refund this month. I'll post pictures a bit over a week or two from now, when I get it home.

1 comment:

The Customer said...

Cool, can I shoot it?!?!? Can I, can I?!?!?!