Friday, February 1, 2008

Grip Bipod

If and wehn I get an M1A, AND I opt for the also-expensive Troy industries type after-market stock as pictured here:





Then I'd ALSO want to maybe get a fore grip. But a bipod would be a bit too much in the fore-end for a semi-auto Sport Utility Rifle.

Unless they can combine both concepts... They can?! Wowee!





Yup it looks like it. This is from Grip Pod Grip Pod System, and it is like it says, a fore grip with a a spring loaded bipod. It's available through lots of places, but I saw it on Brownells for $156.

So a $1600 rifle, a $980 stock with flip up iron sights, a grip for $156, optics START at $400 for a decent red-dot scope, but a nice low magnification illuminated reticle will go for $880. If I want a 10x scope appropriate with this rifle, that'll cost as much as the rifle. Even more. But if I want to go that route I'd need to get a trigger tune and bed the stock... of just buy the $2400 Match rifle to start. $3500 - $4500. Sheesh, this is an expensive hobby. This is gonna take longer than I figured

Better just stick with saving for the $1600 rifle and re-evaluate from there. Try to get more skill-centric and resist the American urge to get gear-centric. And that is hard.

2 comments:

The Customer said...

Is that what you want??? I didn't know they were looking for weapons for the next Starship Troopers!

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

What? It's just an improvement on the venerable WW2 era Garand...