Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July Range Report

Just went solo at lunch time. For fewer distractions. No improvement. Still not happy with the anticipatory jerk and/or trigger squeeze. Still shooting low and right. Rushing. Not enough, "slow is smooth, smooth is fast," action. Embarassing and no progress. But I am a slow learner.

I tried a few at longer ranges. Phew boy. I could hit a man-size target, mostly reliably at 25 yards or so, but only that. Aiming for the head might get me a hit in the thigh, and vice versa.

I think I'm gonna pop for an NRA course. It might be review, but it almost certainly be an 'in' to other training oppurtunities to fix my specific problems.


For not, and next time, after work range-time. Take my time. Do it right. Hopefully.

And I'm gonna choke up on my offhand grip a bit.

No comments: