Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bed Bunker

Hey! This is interesting.



A gun safe that goes where your box spring goes. A Bed Bunker.



I need a new mattress. I could get this and save money by not having to get a box spring. A $3000+ box spring.




It holds 35 rifles. It has some fire resistance. And it's heavy. I could store all my guns in it and a good bit of the other accoutrement with it, including ammo. Plus important papers and such.

Sure the first place a thief looks is under the mattress, and would problably find this, but good luck making off with it whole. Two sections weigh 650 pounds each.

4 comments:

Jay G said...

1300 pounds empty? Make sure you place it properly over the floor joists...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Tosh and piffle! I've had 10 people in bed with me. The floor was fine.

My house was made in the 50's, so the joists and flooring is actually pretty good. But you are right... something to check on.

Unknown said...

I was going to post about that after hearing it on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk.

You beat me too it.. ;-)

Weer'd Beard said...

That safe would piss the wife off, as I'd have to unmake the bed (at least partially) to grab a heater for the range.

Doesn't seem to convenient to acess. Still neat!