Monday, October 22, 2012

NRA

So when Romney wins, the NRA is going to take credit for the margin of victory because of the second debate AWB misstep of the President's, calling for reinstatement.

I don't think this is a bad thing.

The more momentum, or perceived momentum, the NRA has the better it is for the 2A issue going forward.

----

So what kind of Assault Weapon are you gonna buy before the provisions of the 2013 Permanent Assault Weapon Ban come into effect?  (In case thing DO go all pear shaped.)

I'm thinking a few lowers because: Cheap, and just pray the secondary market isn't ganked.  And I'd get another M1A.

Good luck finding one, what with the run on guns we are seeing even now.

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Actually, I'm thinking of doing an "End Around." I'm looking at one of those Mossberg MVPs in the Predator Line. Carbine length, chambered in 5.56 Nato, takes AR Mags, yet there's no "Evil Black Rifle" Characteristics.

Plus since it's MSRP is running at $700, that puts it well under what a Mid-Range AR is going for.

And I have a good source of G.I. AR Mags, so I don't have to worry about "Pre/Post/Deodorant Ban" silliness.

And I can look at the Jack Booted Thugs of the Gooberment when they send in their SWAT Teams to get my Semi-Autos straight in the Eye and say, "I just have a Bolt Action Coyote Rifle, Gruppenfuhrer."

Something to think about.

Of course, Ruger does their version in the "Gunsite" Scout Rifle, but it's in 7.62 Nato. Tempting, but since my Shoulder is acting up, and the Wife can handle the Recoil of 5.56 Nato much better, I'm thinking the MVP is the way to go.

YMMV, of course.

Vol said...

Just picked up another AK. As long as I can save up the money before any legislation gets passed (which I'm surely capable of), I will pick up a new AR..maybe with a 5.45 upper to match!