Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Time Travel

Borepatch is thinking of eschewing a Garand in favor of a pistol.  This thinking is along the lines of a compact Smiff.  Or an S&W 625, chambered in God's own caliber, the .45 ACP.

I must admit, I do like his way of thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I love my .357s.  But if I could go back in time and advise myself, AND Smith and Wesson made a small, snubby-type version, I'd tell me to buy nothing but semi autos and revolvers chambered in .45.

Though a snubby version of the 625 WOULD be a bit bulky, even.  There are advantage to pocket carrying a 5 shot .38 over something with .45" beans.  And moon clips, loaded, are bulky too.  Not ideal for a BUG.  And I'd have no need for the Model 1894 lever gun I like shooting.

They don't make it and I am sure they aren't considering it.

But think of the ammo inventory simplicity!  Nothing but .22, .308, 12 gauge, and .45. 

4 comments:

Boat Guy said...

As I commented on BP's site; I have two VERY nice 625's but I wouldn't take either one of them over the roughest of my Garands. As I wrote over there a handgun can save your life but a rifle can keep you free and fed

Anonymous said...

I guess you didn't hear that Tam prefers 9mm now.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Tam isn't always right.

Boat Guy said...

Heresy!